Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Book 35 : Elbow Room - James Alan McPherson

When I saw that the Pulitzer prize winning author James Alan McPherson was currently teaching at the school I may attend in the fall (the University of Iowa), I decided it was time I got around to reading Elbow Room. It had been on the to-be-read shelf for years, mostly because it's a collection of short stories - and I think I've made my feelings on short stories clear by now.

I can't really say that there was a particular story in this collection that stood out to me, or that I found particularly interesting or well written. There also wasn't a story that I felt was poorly written, or that lost my interest while i was reading it.

In the end, I was entertained enough while reading the stories but they did not leave a lasting impression on me. This is my typical experience with short stories.

Sophocles - 5/10
YTD:
Books read : 35
Pages read : 10,082
Currently reading : Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden & Martin Dressler : The Tale of an American Dreamer - Steven Millhauser

No comments: